Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Reunion 2008

The month of April will mark the 40th anniversary of the formation of F Troop 8th Cavalry. C Troop 7/17th Cavalry, Blue Ghosts, was redesignated F Troop on April 1, 1968. The troop commander was Jack Earwood and the executive officer was Richard Peterson (Pete). When we were informed that we were to be an F Troop, the first thoughts were of the television series, “F Troop”. Of course we were nothing like that.

The F Troop 8th Cavalry Vietnam Veterans Association will hold its annual reunion on April 3-6 2008 in Louisville, Kentucky. I wonder if they will have a birthday cake with 40 candles?

Happy Birthday, F Troop 8th Cavalry.

2 comments:

  1. Re: Reunion 2008‏ From: Ron Nishita (desertrattucson@att.net) Sent: Wed 3/19/08 5:03 PM To: blueghostred@msn.com Security scan upon download AlbumOne1...jpg (35.3 KB), BackGrnd.jpg (1.4 KB) Sure wish I could join you guys at the reunion but now that I am on oxygen 24/7 and needing a wheelchair for mobility, it's really hard to travel long distances. After that infamous night, while recovering on the USS Sanctuary, the doctors told me then that I might lose my right arm and leg, well I proved them wrong on that. A few years ago though, my breathing just got worse and worse and the VA finally tracked down that the scar tissue surrounding my lungs from all the trauma to my chest and lungs, well the scar tissue is now constricting my breathing. I keep dialing up the digits on oxygen and am maintaining at 6 while at home. I attach lots of hoses to be able to go out in my workshop and do woodworking, and wear a backpack with oxygen tank on bowling night. Haven't figured out how to keep golfing and sure don't miss the yardwork and gardening that my wife does now. Wish all you guys a great reunion, be sure to post lots of pixs so those of us who miss out can "see" you in spirit.   Ron Nishita  http://groups.msn.com/BLUEGHOSTS/ronnishita.msnw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron, Hope you are better soon. Your post makes us realize just how important our health is. There are a lot of us unable to attend reunions for one reason or another. I agree with your request for someone to take photos at the reunion and post them so that others may be a part of the event. For the past few Blue Ghost Reunions there have been very few group photos with names. Most of us would like to see what our old comrades look like. Maybe someone will make group photos this year and attach names. For those of you with a camcorder, a short video would be very entertaining and along with the photos could be posted here and elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete