Tuesday, April 15, 2008

good afternoon

Good afternoon fellow Blueghost Thank you for allowing me to join this site.
 
I was with F troop 8th cav from 72-73 during the stand down, I was assigned to the engine shop during that time.
 
When I joined the Blueghost I had no idea of the history of the Blueghost, after reading some of the post on here I have a better idea of how great the story of the Blueghost.
 
A little about me my tour in 72-73 was my second tour of nam, my first tour was 69-70 I was with the 299th cbt eng bn at that time I was on the water point.  when I came back to nam in 72-73 I was in for a big shock for our rifles was keeped in the arms room unless we was on guard duty, something that was unheard of in 69-70 where our rifles was with us at all times.
 
 

3 comments:



  1. In a message dated 4/15/08 12:42:21 PM, dlharrigan@hotmail.com writes:





    When I joined the Blueghost I had no idea of the history of the Blueghost, after reading some of the post on here I have a better idea of how great the story of the Blueghost.

     

    A little about me my tour in 72-73 was my second tour of nam, my first tour was 69-70 I was with the 299th cbt eng bn at that time I was on the water point.  when I came back to nam in 72-73 I was in for a big shock for our rifles was keeped in the arms room unless we was on guard duty, something that was unheard of in 69-70 where our rifles was with us at all times.





    Good to see you online!



    F Troop was a great unit. By the time we both arrived there the drug use was so rampart that I did not dare to issue to weapons except for missions or guard duty. THat is NOT a reflection on the good troopers like you but rather the few druggies we had in the unit.



    I hope life has treated you well since you left Vietnam!



    Jack Kennedy

    Blueghost 6


    **************
    It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money & Finance.
    (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home John. Glad you are here. What Jack related about the necessity to secure the weapons because of drugs and the malcontents is true, however that does not diminish your service one bit. I experienced the same problem in 71-72 with F/4th Cav and the majority of those guys were the greatest. It was a completely different situation and different war from about 1971 to the end. Also, I extend a welcome to a long lost friend from 1967, Ron Oglesby. Ron was an original Blue Ghost, scout crew chief and door gunner, one of the best. Ron, along with Victor Cook, David Coursin and Joe Johnson were guys that made the Blue Ghost scouts the great platoon that performed so well during the Tet offensive and aftermath in 1968.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know the reason at the time but I never question it at the time just thought it was odd but I do understand where the higher ups are coming from.  

    ReplyDelete