Saturday, May 6, 2006

Son on his way back to Iraq

Well, this morning I had to say "Goodbye" to my Son, Jon, as he left Dubuque Airport for his return to Iraq from his mid tour leave.  One of the harder things a Father (especially a Veteran Father) ever does.  You could tell from the last few days of his leave that, in his mind, he was already back with his friends at the unit.  It was especially true Today since he just had learned by e-mail that his best friends Sgt. had been killed in that IED explosion you may have read about in Babil provence.
 
I did get some pictures of his "BlueGhost" Tatoo and will post them soon.  He wanted to thank all the BlueGhosts for their best wishes and e-mails over the past six months.  He is not sure whether he has 6 mos or a year left in the 4th Divisions deployment.
 
I miss him already and am really looking forward to a full welcome home when he finishes this deployment.  Since he is planning to make this a career I guess I will have to get used to him leaving and returning.  But that is the way of Kids his age anyway
 
Bob Drury
BlueGhost Two-Zero

1 comment:

  1. Imagine what our parents went through when we went to Vietnam!



    And we didn't even sweat it that much ourselves.



    I will pray for the safety of your son and his safe return.



    Jack Kennedy

    Blueghost 6

    ReplyDelete