Monday, November 13, 2006

4th/31st,

Before the message was taken down I visited their website and posted a message with our call sign and time I was in country.  I got a reply back from one of their RTOs.  We've been talking online since.  He was on LZ West and patroled that area.  We shot so many times in the area and he thanked us for our work.  Nice to actually meet (if only online) a name behind the voice on the ground
 
Hope you all had a great Veteran's Day.  I certainly did.  I awoke to my wife standing at the foot of the bed saying "It's Jon, he's on the phone and he is in Kuwait".  I haven't been that clear in my head so fast in 37 years.  He should be on a jet to the Conus by now.  I even got a call from Ft. Hood yesterday telling me that the welcome home was scheduled for 18:30 hrs tomorrow.  I am one happy and proud papa.
 
Best to all
BlueGhost Two-Zero
Proud Papa
Bob Drury

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Red, you can send him a "Welcome Home" email I'm sure he would appreciate it or any other ghosters out there.  If you remember he tatooed the BlueGhost patch on his shoulder.  You can view it on members page.   BlueGhost Two-Zero Bob Drury

    ReplyDelete