Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Que Son Valley

RE: Blue Ghosts‏
From: Larry Crites (lz411@msn.com)
Sent: Tue 7/29/08 8:59 AM
To: Blue Ghosts
.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P {padding:0px;} .ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;} Hello, this is Larry. I used the blueghost website you sent to me and was I shocked, went to the Que Son site and read the report about me getting shot down on 16 Mar. 68 and even saw the photo of the remains of my chopper, wow! Even read the resuce and even sadley read the report of my good friend Louis Bradley dying in a crash, met him at Ft. Campbell in 67 while serving in a recon plt with th 101 Airborne. Do you know of anyway I can find out how many missions I flew and how many hours flight time I had? WO1 Shanahan was my pilot that day and on my second tour I was with the recon plt of E Co. 3/1 11th bde Americal working off of FSB 4-11 from Dec 69 to Nov 70, anyway while in the bush we would get resupplied by the same chopper, pilots name I later found out was named Shanahan, always wondered if it was the same man, heard after we were shot down he stopped flying gunships and flew slicks, well anyway thanks for the ifno, and a great welcome home to you also. Later.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Larry,             I was the crew chief on the gunship that march day. Gald to here your ok. If you would like a picture of our down chopper I have one and would be more then happy to send you one. Welcome home.   Sp 5 Bill Brady email bsbrady@msn.com Phone 206-310-7418

    ReplyDelete